Monday, April 14, 2008

AEBLESKIVERS














We thought we would have a Danish breakfast of Aebleskivers! I took pictures because Beth wanted to know what they looked liked so here they are and Rachel and I enjoying them.

3 comments:

Lambfam said...

Now I can stop wondering what those silly things look like, not what I was imagining. I love the blog. Keep it up.

Kori C said...

Looks yummy, but what are they made of? I've never heard of those in my life!

mcrookston said...

They are like a pancake, but you cook them in a special pan.
Here is the recipe:
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups buttermilk
2 eggs
3 Tablespoons melted butter

Also need: vegetable oil, applesause, powdered sugar and jam

Mix dry ingredients egg yolks (beaten) mix with buttermilk, combine with dry ingredients - blend in butter, beat egg whites and fold in, heat aebleskiver pan - small amount of oil in each cup.