Saturday, September 3, 2011

Labor Day Weekend!


Rachel and I went to the mountains for a break from the heat. It has been over 100 degrees and I for one am sick of it and can't wait for the fall weather. So I quit waiting for a weekend and took Rachel and headed north. We spent the time enjoying the coolness, the trees and just being in the country. It was beautiful weather the entire time. We spent most of the time in Shumway at Jon's house.
For breakfast the first morning I was home I had
Monday Morning before Rachel and I headed back to Tucson, we went woodcutting with Jon's family. We went to the old burn area, to look for alligator juniper and oak. It didn't take long for us all to look like chimney sweeps, for some reason my face was the blackest. We hauled a horsetrailer full of heavy oak and juniper up a hill after hacking it up with a chainsaw. I love the power behind a chainsaw and all that it brings, and how much easier it makes the work.

1 comment:

Clarkey said...

Wow! Looks like you have been busy this rodeo break! Nice!