Monday, September 22, 2008

Weekend Away!

I spent the weekend away from Tucson, and it was a busy one! First I drove to Mesa to see the invalid Tim, had dinner with him and Rosa, then out to Daniel and Amanda's where I drove in the same second they did. Kia kept saying; "Hi, Mary!" over and over.
After the boys went to bed we watched a movie - then went to bed ourselves. I woke up when Calvin opened my door and just stared at me, he didn't come in, Amanda had told him not too, but when Kia joined him at the door, I knew I couldn't keep them both waiting, so I got out of bed. Isn't it nice to be wanted? We had a super fun morning, making sand castles and watching Daniel metal machine in action. We drove over to Tim's house where we had Costa Vida for lunch! Yummm! I can't get enough of it since my first time a few months ago, but I have only had it twice, each time I've come to Mesa. That sweet pork it the best. After hanging out with Tim for a bit, I headed up the mountain. On Saturday Ian and Jaden had soccer games. They were just about the funniest thing you could ever see. Ian’s team was playing on a huge field and by the third quarter they were dragging themselves across the field and I doubt they even cared where the ball was. At one point the teams were set up like red rover and the ball was just going back and forth between the lines!

Ian running hard!
Jaden was just as much a crack-up, he said all the way to the game that he didn’t want to go, but then when the whistle blew he zipped through the other kids, came from behind and was the first to kick the ball, so much for a kick-off. When they blew the whistle to stop a second latter, Jaden and another boy just kept kicking the ball and a ref had to intervene.

Then Jaden was made goalie and he loved it! His idea of goalie was to stand inside the goal and wrap himself in the ropes, he stopped one ball this way, but the other team got a goal because he was inside the box. So Jon came to the rescue. He was the goalie coach of the game. He explained to J what his job was.
Jaden's job... get the ball, kick it, give dad five!

Kicking a soccer ball around and playing at the park during J's game.
The freedom of a dirt road! (I didn't let J ride that way all the way home, but who can deny a child the right to stick his head out a window just once to feel the wind?)

Dad on his new favorite thing: a riding lawn mower with a trailer. If I hadn't seen the lawn cut so nicely, I would have thought he got it just to give rides to the grand kids ( I got a ride too - and let me tell you - it was exciting).
We ate dinner at the Pinedale park, it was great to see everyone from the ward and as always the food was delicious! I woke up Sunday morning and headed down to Tucson, my weekend over.

No comments: