
Cake Anyone???
Rachel text me a picture of a candy land cake about a month ago, I loved it and wanted to try and make it. The first opportunity we could think of to make it was for Mel's birthday party. We talked to Kristi and she was more than happy to let us take over the cake. We asked about a theme and were told we could do whatever. I asked Melissa when she was with us last week and she seemed to be indifferent to the cake, even when we showed her a picture. The only request that she had is that she be on the cake - to which I thought: "No way!"
I ended up talking Rachel into trying two different Pinterest cakes combined, with a rainbow center made up of six circle cakes stacked up, piling high with frosting and candy. Rachel found a frosting recipe on Pinterest (our new favorite)and we got to work. In the end I loved the soft colors and the rainbow inside (that impressed the kids at the party the most!). Also, I relented and made a small Melissa to put on the cake - complete with long red pony-tail and pink boots (she is made from star bursts) which was worth it because Melissa loved it!





1 comment:
I LOVE it!!!
You are amazing aunts to all these crazies. I am so thankful for you both :)
Post a Comment