Thursday, April 30, 2009

Yek! Snakes!

As I was walking in our neighborhood I almost walked straight onto a rattlesnake! I went to the house that it was at and told them, so that they wouldn't go to their car where the snake was - and they called rural metro. We waited (they waited - I ran for my camera) and watched so the snake didn't leave. He wasn't a fan of the rocks being thrown at him, so rushed to a bush. We settled in to watch the bush and he settled in the bush so well that we thought he had somehow escaped. However, when Rural Metro arrived they poked the bush and within about two seconds had him in their catcher thing! They posed him for a few pictures and then with a few quick movements they had him in a box. They were rewarded for their efforts with some brownies!







I posted one picture at http://crookstoncamera.blogspot.com/

No comments: