Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Back to Arizona! Memorial Day.


Home again to the White Mountains! We made it back Sunday evening in enough time for me to run over to the Ranch house to see Jon and Kristi's new place. it is crazy right now with the move and all but they have their own place now and see a lot of potential in it. I think I would love living on the Ranch it is so pretty and green.

Monday morning Dad put up the flag for Memorial Day. Jon and his family came over for breakfast. Melissa and Jaden hardly stopped they just blew past the french toast for the fun outside. Jaden came running in yelling he had found a humongous torny hoad - or Horny Toad. We went out to investigate and found that it was a large one - easily caught I let the kids take turns holding him, and Elise and Ian took turns taking pictures (they both love cameras!). As you can see I am slightly worried about the poor lizard in J's hands. After a few minutes we let the big fellow go.

We had to go too - we went over to the Pinedale cemetery to work at the headstone. Dad, Aunt Louise and I had run into town to get some flowers earlier and with the help of the kids and Jon and Kristi we made short work of adding to mom's and Jeanie's graves and hopefully making them look a little nicer. It was a good way to start out Memorial Day - a drive back to Tucson took up most of the rest of it.

No comments: