After running in the 10k in Snowflake, my friend, Steven (who drove up with me), Elise and I headed back for Tucson. Elise got to spend the whole week with me! She got a scholarship to go to Camp and will be enjoying science week as part of my group. But trust me we did almost as much outside of camp as we did at camp (which is saying a lot because we keep those girls busy!). Saturday Elise and I met Tricia, one of my really good friends who is moving out of state (I still can't believe it!) for ice cream! Cold stone is really yummy! Sunday Elise went to church with me. I got to see the institute through her eyes and it is really awesome! We have ping pong, pool and other games, she didn't have primary to go to so she read quietly in the conference room while I was in a meeting and during Relief Society. We had linger longer after church, where we ate doughnuts! After church we had a huge dinner for Tricia at Shaun's house. We made Navajo tacos and ate them all up (It was a 20 cups of flour recipe!)!

Monday we went to Camp and for Family Home Evening, instead of going to the church with my ward, Elise and I got dinner (pizza) and a movie (Inkheart) for a girls night at Grandma's. It was fun. I love hanging with Elise, it makes me feel 11 again!
Tuesday after camp we got a quick bite to eat and went to the church ball fields to play softball. I played (not well) on our ward team this year, it was a lot of fun and something active to do. While I played Elise played with my phone (a favorite activity of hers - I've found) and made friendship bracelets (camp activity of course).
Wednesday was my day off, so Elise took a break from Camp as well, but not from Swimming! Elise is swim crazy! She would do it all day every day if she could. It is a good thing that she gets to go everyday at camp.
Wednesday was my day off, so Elise took a break from Camp as well, but not from Swimming! Elise is swim crazy! She would do it all day every day if she could. It is a good thing that she gets to go everyday at camp.

We also went shopping all the time. We had a list of school needs and hit all of the Savors in Tucson trying to find some good deals! Which we did!
Thursday Aunt Louise came down to Tucson and All three of us went to see Harry Potter #6, which I have been frantically trying to finish reading and just made it, I'm not, however, going to wait until right before the last movie to read the last book (I already have!). Elise and I helped enlighten Aunt Louise on the story and a few philosophical points of the book.
Friday went really quick, and after camp and clean-up, we packed up Elise and Aunt Louise and they drove back up the mountain!
It was a lot of fun to have her here for the week! I miss her!
It was a lot of fun to have her here for the week! I miss her!

No comments:
Post a Comment