Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Pioneer Day!

Ever since I ran with my stake in a 5K I have been on the look out for a 10K to run. When I was visiting Jon and Kristi awhile back I saw a paper on their fridge that had Pioneer day activities on it and one was a 10K! So I intensified my running (a little) and I drove up to Snowflake for the run. I got up super early went to the temple view chapel and ran for 6 miles! It was crazy and let me tell you that around mile 4 my mind tricked me into thinking I was getting close! The last two miles were difficult - needless to say - but I finished on a good speed and checked my time...
I had been hoping for 60-70 minutes, mostly because of the elevation change and the ups and downs of the trail - also I hadn't been as good about preparing as I should have. But with all the adrenaline and excitement I did it in under 53 minutes! An all time best for me! I got a cool shirt, plus a ribbon for first female in my age category and a trophy for third place female over all.

After the race and awards I went to Jon's were I had enough time to grab some cereal and head to the parade with him and his kids. We met Kristi's mom there, but Kristi and her dad were both in the parade. Kristi was in a volunteer band and her dad was in because of his 50th high school reunion.

The kids got loads of candy and had a great time watching everything - especially the horses and tractors. You have got to love small towns!

After the parade Elise finished packing and we set off for a week of fun at Girl Scout Camp!

1 comment:

ChrisBCrazy said...

dang i wish i could run a 10k. ran a 5k once, nearly killed me. decided to run a 5k again, and still have been too lazy to do it. good job!