So Rachel came to Arizona and Beth decided to come. Ben thought it would be a good time for him between classes and trips, Daniel and Tim both thought that since the others would be here, they could make it. Then even David decided to make the drive from Colorado! It was a last minute family reunion!
Picnic cake was her choice, we used to always have it for her birthday when we celebrated it at the Buffalo Crossing campground. It brought back a lot of memories and it tasted really good- even better than I remembered.
We can't all get together without having one ridiculous project, this one: get a ridiculously large tool chest off the Dodge truck and into the garage. Bless the boys for always doing these crazy tasks! This one had a few cars, lots of ropes and I'm sure a pulley or two involved. I'm sorry to say that I missed it all because I was out for a run, but heard about the true test of gravity when I returned. David and Tim then worked hours getting it all put together! Like I said: bless them!
We had a lot of hang out time, we played games, ate and even found time to sleep. Rachel and a few of her brothers made it to GI Joe the movie - making her happy she had someone to see that kind of movie with. The girls were going to go to a "girl" movie but it just never worked into our schedule.
We also spent a lot of time outside, the weather was so beautiful! We played on the swing set, jumped on the trampoline, got rides from grandpa. We even caught a horny toad! After Makenzie was the only one brave enough to hold it and we watched it run home, she wanted to see what else we could catch!
Grandpa even got the spa up and going, we had a lot of little Santas when the bubbles were turned on.
Rachel and I took over the lawn mower for a bit and cut a diamond in the field by the pond. Jaden and Sam were ever so helpful!
When we were finished we got a huge baseball game going. Rachel played spectator (though she did bat once), other than her Ben and I were the only people over 4 feet (not true - I'm sure Elise, Ian and William are all taller - when do they get so big?). It was a fun game and Ben did a great job letting everyone have a turn and making sure they got a good hit in. Sam, however, really didn't understand the taking turn processes and screamed that he was never playing baseball again and stormed off only to return (because we hadn't gone after him) to tell us again how unfair we were. Both Ben and I found him later and talked to him about how you play baseball. Other than that we all had a great time!
In the newly cut area we also took advantage of the wind and flew a few kites we found in the garage. We really didn't have enough wind and the kites had all seen better days, but we had a good time!
We (I should say 'I' though I wasn't the only one) took a lot of pictures! We got some good smiles and happy moments!
These happy faces say it all! I couldn't think of words to post on the pictures to say how special and sweet each of these kids are - I love them all so much!

Saturday August 8th, we went to the Shumway Solomon Ranch where Jon and Kristi live. It proved to be the best place for a picnic and we all enjoyed it so much! Jon had to drive to Texas and back in less than three days to be here for this and he pulled in just an hour before we all arrived. We sat in the shade and talked, we walked to the creek to through stones and fish, we ate and we just relaxed and enjoyed!

As promised Grandpa (dad) took all the kids fishing, it seems to be the favorite family sport right now - highly promoted I must add. Jaden and Sam even caught one!

Dad's one birthday wish was to have a picture taken of everyone (amazingly we were all able to come but Sarah) it was quick and not the best lighting, but when working with our family, especially when so many tired children are involved (and men) you just take what you get and in the end it is a great picture no matter what because we are in it!

What else can you really say?
Saturday August 8th, we went to the Shumway Solomon Ranch where Jon and Kristi live. It proved to be the best place for a picnic and we all enjoyed it so much! Jon had to drive to Texas and back in less than three days to be here for this and he pulled in just an hour before we all arrived. We sat in the shade and talked, we walked to the creek to through stones and fish, we ate and we just relaxed and enjoyed!
We even rode Besty, Bert's horse. She wasn't up for much but it was fun for everyone - it has been so long since I have been on a horse - I loved it!

As promised Grandpa (dad) took all the kids fishing, it seems to be the favorite family sport right now - highly promoted I must add. Jaden and Sam even caught one!

Dad's one birthday wish was to have a picture taken of everyone (amazingly we were all able to come but Sarah) it was quick and not the best lighting, but when working with our family, especially when so many tired children are involved (and men) you just take what you get and in the end it is a great picture no matter what because we are in it!







No comments:
Post a Comment