
Then when everyone was going home a few of us weren't ready to stop the fun so we decided to go on a hike, we hiked up to the observatory on Tumamoc Hill. I was surprised when I google earthed it that it was only 3 miles round trip - it felt like more but Holly and I were both only in flip flops and it does go up at a pretty steady pace. But I must say that night hikes by moon light are some of my favorites! We heard animals in the bushes but decided that each one was just a cute little bunny! Till Nikki could actually see one - it was too big to be a bunny! It was a deer and there were several of them - but can I tell you I've never been creeped out by a deer until that night, in the moonlight when I was stared down by a deer who wasn't running away - guess he missed the memo that that is what deer are supposed to do! We also got a great view of a what we can only assume was a drug bust on Tucson's south side from the top. It was really funny until the police helicopter started coming closer and closer with his search light! Too close for comfort, reminds me of the good old days when I lived in the Drachman apartments with Rachel.

Here are a few pictures from the internet of Tumamoc.

Saturday wasn't a let down after a great Friday - the party just continued! There was an all day YSA activity at Reid Park. We had lunch, then participated in a bunch of different sports and activities. I went to the driving range and worked on my nonexistent golf swing. I also threw the frisbee around and took pictures at the waterfall and duck pond.

The coolest part of the day was the evening, we got to go into the zoo after hours, we were the only ones there! We got to walk around, have animal encounters, and most importantly - feed the giraffes! Which was a lot of fun (way more than I thought it would be - even though he slobbered all over my hand - it was a blast). Then we ate dinner - in the zoo - and had a dance - in the zoo! So much FUN! though I did feel sorry for the animals!



No comments:
Post a Comment