So Rachel didn't tell me she was coming down from Utah for Thanksgiving, it was all a big surprise! Well I didn't have a clue until the day we were both driving home. I was talking to her twice and the line cut out and for once it wasn't my phone, she just said that her phone was acting weird, I took it for what she said it was. I talked to her again when I was almost home, and could hear she was at a gas station, I thought "that's strange" but the thought didn't linger long, and I didn't think anymore about it. Then I got home and I went to find a room to put my stuff in. I figured the two upper rooms for Rosa and her parents, that left the two downstairs rooms for Tim and I. I didn't really care which I got, but Tim made just a little tiny bit too big of a deal out of me taking the one with two beds, were as he would usually not care and say 'whatever.' He even told me that Elise might want to spend the night and want to sleep in my room. At the time I thought it was weird that he should think of that, but whatever. THEN dad was talking about the people still on their way and said Rachel, that I even let go without much thought, thinking he just mixed up our names. THEN Aunt Louise got out some options for dinner and I tried to put them away when I picked my, but she stopped me, saying how much Rachel likes pizza. That was about the time the possibility dawned on me. All the pieces came together. (I am slow I will admit it.) I thought about calling her up and demanding to know where she was. But right about this time she walked in the door. I was so excited! Rachel I just want you to know that you made my Thanksgiving holiday! I am so THANKFUL for you!
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment