So awhile back I blogged about my crazy Tuesday! The fire drill, bloody nose and everything else at Rio Vista. Well today I got a call to sub P.E. at Rio Vista again, I was halfway to the school hoping that I wasn't cursed and that things would go more smoothly today, when I realized it was Tuesday again - not a good sign. However, my fears were unfounded, I had a great day! I was crowed "Hula-hoop Queen" of the third grade when I kept it going for about five minutes (longer than all the third grade girls I was up against)! It has been so long since I have hula-hooped I am surprised I could do it at all! I won two games of knock-out against four fourth grade boys, I wont tell you how many I lost! With about five kindergarten girls I jumped rope until I got all through "Soda pop, ice cream, cherry on top, who's your boyfriend, lets' find out... A, B, C..." Twice through the ABC's the third time I landed on K, so the girls said the first name they could think of - Kevin. So after today I now know that I am a queen, a winner and a have boyfriend named Kevin! My life is looking up! Spending time with kids is amazing, and with all the fun things I get to do who can really call it work? I am with Kori (her last blog)- we should all live life Makenzie's way (like a five-year-old princes).
Now for one other bit of news in my life - I got a new calling. I have been on the enrichment committee in this ward and my last ward. I was feeling pretty comfortable in my calling and really loved the board I was serving with! But Sunday morning I missed a call while in the shower - it was our ward executive secretary saying that the bishop wanted to meet with me at 8:15. Well it was already 7:40 and it takes me about half an hour to get to church, so I told him I would try but it would be tight - He just said it would be great if I could make it on time - I don't think he understood exactly what he was asking. Amazingly I made it out of the house in the next twenty minutes and was only a few minutes late (amazingly few red lights along the way), but it didn't mater because ward council was just getting out. So my bishop springs 1st counselor in the Relief Society on me! I'm not sure who the Lord is trying to test - me or my ward sisters - hopefully they will have patience! One thing I know is that Tricia, the new president will do an awesome job! I am so excited to work with her and the other girls in our presidency. I will miss Kenzie and the sisters from the last presidency, I have learned so much from them!
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment