March 7, 2009
A large group got together to hike Romero Pools, Catalina State Park. I have been to the park quite a few times but only to run or take pictures, never to hike, so I was excited to see what the park had to offer. I was really happy to find that the Romero Pools had deep enough water to jump into from the rocks - some said it was cliff jumping and I was really excited but it wasn't true - they were only rocks - not cliffs. (but still fun!)
We took the Romero Canyon Trail up to the pools, but we didn't go up into the pass.
Danielle and I got split up from the first and last groups and had a great time talking and walking until we weren't sure exactly where everyone was. We waited for the second group. Once that group was up with us Jillie, Tyson and I went exploring. It wasn't deep enough to jump in at this point and to be honest I didn't think I would because it was getting late and though it was a exceptionally nice day - it is still early in March and can get a little chilly. But despite all that there were little waterfalls and large rocks - one of my favorite combinations.After we finished checking out the lower falls we were told that everyone had met up just a little ways ahead, so we gathered our stuff and found the group.

Only Tom and Johnny were jumping in at this point, but Tyson and I joined them for one jump. I am really glad that I did - it was the reason I came on the trip.

Only Tom and Johnny were jumping in at this point, but Tyson and I joined them for one jump. I am really glad that I did - it was the reason I came on the trip.

Kami took this great picture - apparently I am too busy plugging my nose and worrying about the cold water coming at me to pose with everyone else. After we jumped in we checked out the falls, but it was too cold in the shaded water for me - so I got out quickly.
We headed out just after this shot, I took a lot of pictures along the way to check them out in my other blog - we got to see the sun set! From the park I had to hightail it to the other side of Tucson - stopping only long enough to change - eating a sandwich in the car so that I could make it to a ballroom dancing showcase with Charlene - a friend I met at a job fair. I knew that it was going to be a tight squeeze and I ended up being 20 minutes late - but I am glad that I went to the hike and the dancing (pictures to be posted in other blog). All-in-all it was a great Saturday!



1 comment:
Mary you are so adventurous. I am impressed with you jumping in the cold water. Looks like a fun group to go hiking with.
Post a Comment