Saturday, February 28, 2009

February Goes Out with a bang


Early Saturday morning U3 headed out to Peppersauce cave. I was really excited because I had never been before - I have never been to any cave that didn't have a tour guide so this was a completely new experience for me. We met outside the cave and broke up into smaller groups, my group included Nikki, Beth, Deanna, Danielle and Shaun.

We met up with a bunch of other groups as we went along, in this chamber everyone smiled while I took a picture. Notice the nice graffiti - though in most cases it was actually helpful markings.

Our group had a GREAT time - we stopped and took pictures - stopped to wait for Shaun to reappear for random exploring and we stopped a lot because most places we went you had to go one at a time and it took a little bit to wiggle through some of the tight squeezes.
Danielle flattens against a rock as we moved through this hallway-like slat (which compared with the other places we went was wide and open.) Beth hangs up-side-down for a picture (even though it looks like she is sitting), and Shaun disappears down a hole that he found - and we all follow! (surprising I know.)

This is Nikki checking out the smallest hole we went through and then her feet as she makes her way through. This one was a both arms in front - head first - squeeze that I am surprised I made it through (mentally and physically)- but we had fun taking pictures and didn't think about it and were completely fine.


This hole was the perfect picture pose - we looked like we were disappearing down a earthworm tunnel - surprisingly this one was the least of the worries.

As we were making our way out of the lower part of the cave we had to stop and wait while everyone else climbed one at a time out with the rope. We used our time wisely and took pictures of course!

Our group out of the cave and really dirty as you can see - but it was FUN!

Right before our BBQ we posed for a picture in our cave grubs - then we ate hamburgers and hot dogs - chips and veggies! This has to go down as one of the best ward activities ever!

BUT even better was that within an hour of getting home - after a rush through the shower - I was back out the door this time to the Mesa Temple - where we did baptisms. It was amazing the difference in spirit and cleanliness of these activities but well worth it. The Temple is so clean, bright and peaceful, the caves were dark and crazy(a good kind of crazy - but still crazy).

After doing baptisms we posed for a picture at the visitors center. Then the rest of this group drove back to Tucson, while I spent the night at Tim and Rosa's. We talked about our crazy childhood and I think Rosa might be second guessing the family she married into - Just Kidding - but it was fun to reminisce. Now I am back in Tucson, ready for a new week!

No comments: