Sunday, January 17, 2010

Gingerbread Extravaganza!


So this year we had a Gingerbread Extravaganza Challenge, Rachel and Sarah both cooked it up and got really into it. We made rules and sent an invitation. I had an idea to team up with Ian and make the Millennium Falcon from Star Wars. Rachel wanted to do a huge project so we teamed up.

All of the kids got a cookie to decorate.


Tim and Rosa made a house along with Rachel and Elise. We made an antenna for dad.

Sarah made the world with the south pole, very well done. In fact what she had to do was really difficult and it took a lot of time and planning.

Rachel is the genius that came up with the Crookston Castle idea, together we made it a reality, I must say that at times I was ready to condemn gingerbread to outer darkness, but when it came to decorating it was my favorite thing to do.
Of all the gingerbread that we drenched ourselves in my favorite was the individual cookies for the kids, making whatever popped into their head into a cookie. It was so much FUN!

No comments: