Saturday, January 2, 2010

Triathlon Relay!


So some time in October I was talking to some friends, one (holly) had recently done a triathlon and the other (Jessica) was getting ready to do one. I didn't need any convincing, I was all in. For a month or so I tried to get ready, Aunt Louise was down in Tucson when I was first starting to get ready and when I told her about it and my plans to get my old bike down from the mountain, she took me over to Walmart and we got this beautiful new teal Schwinn hybrid. I love it! I rode it to School almost every day, taking it on rides after all around Oro Valley. I found a new freedom that running didn't give, that is until it got a flat, then I found that there are advantages to running ( you don't need anything but shoes). Swimming proved to be the biggest problem. I swam until it got too cold in the HOA pool in our neighborhood.
I picked a different Triathlon than Jessica, hers was too soon. Holly and I decided on the Anthem Holiday classic. It was December 5th, but even as the time got closer for that it was fairly expensive and I wasn't getting as much done for it as hoped so, Holly and I decided to make it into a relay. Meta became our swimmer!
Our day came and we packed into Holly's car, bike and all and drove to Anthem. Meta was first, I was next and Holly brought it home! It was a blast! We made it into a party and enjoyed every minute. We didn't win but we came in in good time.

No comments: