I love to fly, I love to feel the rush of the engine below you rev up and accelerate, my favorite point is the exact second the wheels leave the ground and you are airborne! I don't think I could ever get tired of it. We circled into the sky and watched as brown Arizona mountains gave way to the nothingness of New Mexico, Texas dotted with oil pumps, then all of the other states blended together as the clouds covered them and all we could see was a sea of whiteness. The clouds did disperse long enough for us to see what I can only assume is the Mississippi.

We had a four hour lay-over in Atlanta, Georgia. I have only ever been to Atlanta while on a lay-over, one of these times I will have to go exploring there for real. During our break we ate pizza and veggies, walked, read, shopped (I found a magnet - Rachel), but when it was time for them to start boarding us we found that they had changed the gate on us without telling, so we rushed down the terminal and got to our gate just before loading.
Here I am waiting in the Atlanta airport.
We got on our next flight to Baltimore, I got some reading in because you couldn't really see much, that is until we got near Baltimore over Chesapeake Bay, that was really interesting to see from above, but as you can see, my window seat was over the wing and it was hard to get a picture.
We landed, picked up our luggage and rental car, and headed out of Maryland to Pennsylvania. We drove up to York, where we are staying with Robin and Len, friends and distant relatives Aunt Louise met on some Family History site, and I am glad she did because they are the nicest people, sharing their house with us without really knowing us at all.

No comments:
Post a Comment