Sunday, October 5, 2008

Trials



I went to start my car Thursday, but it wouldn't! I got really upset, didn't know what I was going to do. I mean, it's not like I didn't see this coming, it has been groaning and moaning while driving, telling me it is a Grandma and doesn't want to go anymore. So it sat all weekend in the drive way. I didn't know what I was going to do, but after a lot of praying, and talking to my sisters, I knew it would be okay. I asked Daniel to try it while he was here, and it started right up for him, but not the second time, he told me it was the battery and we charged it with his truck, it started up again, then Dad and Aunt Louise took me to Wal-mart and got me a new battery. I am so blessed to have such a helpful and serviceable family! So now my car is driving like a champ! Like a 72 year-old champ! Just kidding, it is acting like the 16 year-old 236,000 mile car that it is. I am just so happy I don't have to worry about getting a new car just yet. Our goal (my car and mine) is to make it to 250,000 miles. But I will take this weekend as the warning it is, and try to prepare myself for when the time comes, when my friend the Camry and I have to part.

No comments: